Monday, December 3, 2012

25 Days of Thankfulness: Day 3. Be Repetitive!

I am often thankful for my health. I have thought  about it in the past, I am happy about it now, and I'm sure the subject will come up again. That is how I truly got my start in being thankful. Remember me talking about being thankful for the mountains or the ocean? I would be camping or hiking or swimming and the surroundings would make me pause. Than I would feel gratefulness was over me. But I would remember the exact same thing happening the last time!

At first I had some weird and negative thoughts, but I have learned it's perfectly ok! For example, every year at Thanksgiving I hear people say they are grateful for friends and family. You wouldn't dream of saying, 'Oh I can't be thankful for that again, I was thankful for that last year." That would be ridiculous! Go ahead and be thankful for the same thing over and over! If you are thankful your parking spot is right outside the door, and you remember it every day, good job! That's not silly at all! Keep it up and soon it will be a habit.

No comments:

Post a Comment