Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Salsa Chicken


I was going to post this Monday, after I talked about compliments. We had a Christmas party this weekend, and I brought this dish. I didn't come up with the recepie, I found it on Pinterest (original pin source here). However, it got so many compliments I thought I would share it with you. Trust me, it's super easy. It exemplifies my cooking style these days. :) They never say what size crock pot, but I make it in a 3 liter one. I know the one they have pictured is bigger, because it pretty much fills mine.

- Bag of frozen Chicken Breast Tenderloins (2.5-3lb bag)
- 8 oz block of cream cheese (don't use Fat Free! 1/3 less fat or regular is fine)
- Can of Black Beans, drained & rinsed. (or Pinto Beans if you prefer)
- Can of Corn, drained.
- Can of Rotel

Directions:
Put frozen chicken in the crock pot.
Put Cream cheese on top of the chicken.
Dump in the Black Beans (make sure they are drained & rinsed!!!)
Dump in the drained corn.
Dump in the Rotel,

Cover & cook in your Crock Pot on low for 6-8 hours.

I just use salsa instead of Rotel, and Pinto beans instead of black beans. Then we eat as is, over rice, or in a tortilla. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment