Friday, December 21, 2012

25 Days of Thankfulness: Day 21. We're Still Here!

Hah! I have recently become more interested in Survivalism, but I was fairly confident we would still be here today. And I'm grateful for that. I know where to attribute my time on this earth. I know what I'm basically supposed to be doing with it, and I'm grateful for more chances to get it right.

There are so many people who agonize over their purpose in life. Guess what? If you'd like a really clear cut answer you're probably not going to get it. But you've probably said or done something in your life that felt quietly right. Start weeding out the things you know are wrong. The stuff that is bad for you. Don't immediately refill it. Take a good look at what's left. Be grateful for those things and the chance to concentrate on them and get them right!

That's what every day is! A chance to stop doing the wrong things, a chance to weed the things that are bad for you out of your life. Eventually you can refill it with good things. They usually come into your life softly. Like Christmas. We tend to think of Christmas as a big occasion, full of parties and lights and lots of noise and fury. But underneath, if you pay attention and make room for it, it is a small, good thing softly trying to make it's way into your heart. I'm grateful for each day because Christmas never stops trying to come into your heart and bring you joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment