Tuesday, December 25, 2012

25 Days of Thankfulness: Day 25. Merry Christmas!

A little strange to be posting on Christmas, I know. But I assure you I am at my in law's house opening presents right now. :) I scheduled this one ahead of time when I realized I'd started the 25 days on the 1st and not November 30th, as would have been prudent. Today I know I will be thankful for everything I've been given. Not just the goods I receive today, but everything in the past year.

I am especially grateful for the gift of my son. My husband and I waited what felt like a long time to welcome him to our family. I'm grateful for his smile and his beautiful laugh and the fact that he looks pretty much exactly like my husband. I love his adoring face in the morning and the way he is happy with everyone, but really prefers his mama.

I am grateful for my husband, who takes out the trash and puts up with my nonsense. Who likes to be able to order for me at restaurants because he know what I like. Who can pick out books for me and likes to take me to Disneyland for dates. Who plays with our son and isn't afraid to be the bad guy when necessary. Who likes everyone, but really prefers his wife.

And for everything that has happened in the past year. It has been a bit of a bumpy road. But God has blessed me so much, way beyond anything I have ever known. I am still finding little blessings everywhere that I never noticed! So here's to Christmas, because without it, I would truly have nothing at all. None of us would.

May you have a merry and blessed Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment