Thursday, December 13, 2012

25 Days of Thankfulness: Day 12. Share the Love!

One of the biggest things you can do to improve the effect of gratitude in your life is to share it. Show others what you are thankful for! Demonstrating your gratitude will cue your heart to pay attention to this new and wonderful attitude in your life.

If it is a person you are thankful for, tell them. Your relationship will probably take an immediate upward turn. They will smile. Or stare at you in shock. Either is fine. They may not believe you. In that case you have some work to do. Again, your actions are what will convince a heart, but in this case it's not yours. Perhaps another post later on acting thankful? You can easily start by just saying the words. 


Perhaps you are thankful for an object. There are still ways you can show you are thankful. Today I am thankful for my car. Weird but true. I live in SoCal, which means I must drive EVERYWHERE! That's not possible without a trusty car. So today I took it for an oil change. The car is an inanimate object. It doesn't have feelings and doesn't care what I do. But my gratitude means that I take care of it. I make sure I runs well so I can continue to use and enjoy it. And so I would encourage you to pick something or someone and show them you are thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment